Manchester United need to close the gap with astute signings this summer.
With league fate to be decided on Sunday, Manchester United will begin their preparations for the next campaign as the transfer market opens on July 27. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has set his targets which need to be attained as the Reds embark the journey to regain their place among the upper echelons of European football.
However, the objectives won’t be easy to attain this summer, considering the COVID-19 pandemic affecting the financial framework of the footballing institutions across the globe. Though, for Man United, a stable revenue model has ensured a decent cache of funds ahead of the crucial period.
Jadon Sancho, one that United crave the most, still, is set to cost the English club a fortune should Borussia Dortmund decide against lowering their demands, currently standing at 120 million Euros. But, Red Devil bosses are confident of striking a deal with the German side by inserting potential bonus clauses.
More from Red Devil Armada
- Manchester United set to hijack Arsenal’s move for Brazilian starlet
- Manchester United will be dealt major Jadon Sancho transfer twist
- Bundesliga side desperate to sign Manchester United star
- Manchester United star offered a chance reunion with Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Manchester United could move for Serie A star to replace David de Gea
Despite financial stability, the club is planning a selling spree to pare the deficit incurred on account of zero influx via matchday revenues. It has been said that insiders have planned a net spend of around £70-80m, via player sales, with Champions League fate yet to be understood.
Jesse Lingard backs Jadon Sancho to join Manchester United 🙏 pic.twitter.com/oYLa681rta
— Goal (@goal) July 23, 2020
As the transfer market fast approaches, the signs have been clear about how the negotiations could take place to push the deal for Sancho over the finishing line. Keeping Champions League bonus aside, Man United are willing to spend in the region of £100-150m, reports Mark Ogden from ESPN.
Regardless of the upper bound on the transfer expenditure, United bosses and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remain aligned on their priority of landing Jadon Sancho at Old Trafford in the coming months.
Previously, Ed Woodward and Matt Judge, the transfer negotiators at Man United, are said to finalising the structure of their first offer to Die Borussen for Sancho, covered in the earlier report. In the current economic climate, the English club is confident of their counterparts accepting an amortised value for their prized asset.
Expecting a move from United, Der BVB have started scouring the market to replace their star attacker in the market, shortlisting Werder Bremen’s Milot Rashica as an able candidate to operate in the dynamic attacking system of Lucien Favre at Signal Iduna Park.
Despite positive signs suggesting Sancho’s purported move to the Theatre of Dreams as a major possibility, United’s transfer committee has set a contingency plan should the dialogue fails to reach a consensus, eyeing Kingsley Coman, from Bayern Munich, to reinforce the wide attacking areas for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Do you think Manchester United will finish in the top-four?