Manchester United are expected to make a splash in this summer transfer window and have already made an impressive start to things.
After being linked with Jadon Sancho for years, the club have managed to agree a deal with Borussia Dortmund for his transfer. They have also brought back Tom Heaton to Old Trafford on a free transfer and are being heavily linked with a move for Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane.
They are not expected to stop there though and could end up making a few more signings this summer. One of them could very possibly be a central midfielder.
Fred and Scott McTominay served as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-choice duo in the middle of the park last season. But there is a feeling that that is an area of the pitch that they can improve further in. As a result, the Red Devils have been linked with a number of central midfielders over the past couple of months.
More from Manchester United News
- “He don’t respect the way I should deserve” – Cristiano Ronaldo blasts Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag in explosive interview
- Manchester United youngster Alejandro Garnacho grabbed his chance with both hands after starring against Fulham
- Update on Manchester United Star Raphael Varane’s Injury Status Following Chelsea Draw
- Edwin van der Sar Opens up on Rumors of Him Joining Manchester United in Executive Role
- Manchester United are keen on signing former Chelsea star
Manchester United move ahead of Arsenal in Ruben Neves transfer race
Neves signed for Wolverhampton Wanderers back in the summer of 2017 and has been an important player for them since then. But recent rumours have suggested that he could be on the move this summer and Wolves could be looking for a transfer fee in the region of £35 million.
It is not hard to see why some of the biggest clubs in the country are being linked with a move for the Portuguese international. According to stats from Transfermarkt, he has made 176 appearances for Wolves till now, scoring 20 goals and providing 10 assists in the process of doing so.
For a player who has so much experience in English football and is proven in the Premier League already, Neves is still just 24 years of age. Thus, he would be expected to get even better moving forward.