Manchester United have been heavily linked with a move for Raphael Varane in recent months. The Real Madrid superstar has been one of the best defenders in Europe for years now. But with just a year left on his current deal, it looks like he could be on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
While clubs like Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with the French World Cup winner, Old Trafford looks like his most likely destination at this point of time.
The Red Devils were expected to make a move for a centre-back this summer. Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof formed a formidable partnership in the heart of the defence last season in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side. But there is a feeling that that is an area on the pitch that the club can improve further in.
Amidst all this, there is an exciting update on the Varane situation. Fabrizio Romano has tweeted out that the player and his agents have told Real Madrid about his desire to try a new experience in the Premier League and he has told Manchester United that he’d be ‘ready’ to accept their contract offer:
More from Manchester United News
- “He don’t respect the way I should deserve” – Cristiano Ronaldo blasts Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag in explosive interview
- Manchester United youngster Alejandro Garnacho grabbed his chance with both hands after starring against Fulham
- Update on Manchester United Star Raphael Varane’s Injury Status Following Chelsea Draw
- Edwin van der Sar Opens up on Rumors of Him Joining Manchester United in Executive Role
- Manchester United are keen on signing former Chelsea star
Varane could be a brilliant signing for Manchester United
It goes without saying that Varane has the potential to be a brilliant signing for the Red Devils, if they can get a deal over the line for the French international.
His blend of world-class quality and top level experience could make him almost the perfect signing for Solskjaer’s side. The club have not won a trophy in four seasons and as a result, someone with the pedigree of Varane could be very important in helping the Red Devils end that streak.
It looks like it will all depend on Real Madrid and Manchester United now finding an agreement though. While Varane might have only one year left on his current deal, it is believed that the Spanish giants are looking for a transfer fee of around €60 million for the Frenchman.